I am a technical telecommunications engineer with a passion for technology and communications. I enjoy learning about new advances in the technological field (products and digital contents) and involve myself in every aspect of it that I can.
I have the capacity to manage numerous projects at the same time, with the ability to prioritize effectively and always ensure deadlines are met. Through my experiences I have been able to develop effective reporting and and problem-solving abilities along with strong analytical and communication skills. I am a confident speaker and I am able to convey information clearly. I have the ability to both work well within a team and manage a team to ensure the optimal result is achieved.
I recently lived in Switzerland which enabled me to acquire very good english and french language skills. I can now hold conversations confidently in both languages, in addition to spanish which is my mother tongue.
I am currently located in Montreal, Canada, looking for a new opportunity that would enable me to both learn and to develop my skills and capacities. I would be excited to start something new and would feel committed to ensuring I achieved the best result possible in my new role. I would be happy to relocate to a new country as I have really enjoyed living abroad the past few years.
AEC Integration Web at Institute Supérior d’Informatique (ISI), Montreal, Canada. Achievements in the ISI as a Web Integrator:
- Front-End skills development
- Wordpress, e-commerce
- Experience in design responsive web
- Knowledge of design applications with Photoshop
- Excelling in the execution of various software development (analysis, code, test, debug, maintain and document).
Four-weeks training in order to acquire the skills needed to work efficently in Mainframe systems (dic 2013):
- Cobol basic and advanced concepts for banking.
- JCL structures such as: IDCAMS REPRO, ICETOOL, SORT…etc.
- DB2, as a management system database and its integration with COBOL.
- Debugging knowledge
Language schools attended:
Migros (January 2013- September 2013)
Université Populaire du Canton de Genève
Whilst living in Geneva I took the opportunity to study French for the 9 months I was there. The same as during my time in Ireland I made every effort to involve myself in the Swiss lifestyle. I studied in different schools and worked in restaurants at the weekend to ensure I met as many people as possible to help improve my French.
Sound Engineer in Radio San Javier 90.3 FM.(June 2010 - September 2012)
- Adjusting and operating the equipment used for amplification and recording.
- Applying technical knowledge of sound recording equipment to achieve the determined artistic objectives.
- Recording sound onto digital audio tape or hard disk recorders.
- Monitoring audio signals to detect sound-quality desviations or malfunctions.
- Mixing and balancing speech, effects and music.
- Developing website and social networks.
ICT & Computing Teacher (October 2009 - December 2011)
- Teaching computer courses at various levels.
- Implementing and delivering an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for ICT and Computing.
- Monitoring and supporting the overall progress and development of students.
- -Assisting and encouraging students's learning experience in order for them achieve their individual potential
Official School Telecommunication Engineers, COITT-2009
During 2009 I completed a course in the COITT in Madrid, Murcia and on-line. The list of courses are:
- Common telecomms infrastructure (ICT), 50h.
- VoIP, 50h.
- TDT and Gap Fillers, 50h.
- Economic and financial management engineering, 40h.
- Acoustic projects in accordance with CTE, 80h.
- Networking & Wireless Technologies, 50h.
- Solar Photovoltaic: Projects and Facilities, 50h.
Graduated with: Master in Pedagogical Adaptation- Polytechnic University of Valencia (2008-2009).This is an official university degree for postgraduates that is essential to become a teacher in secondary school teaching qualification. To get the teaching certificate is necessary to make a theoretical and a practical part:
- The theoretical studies is about: 'Educational Psychology', 'Theory of Education' and 'Teaching Generally' Teaching Specific'.
- The practical part of the CAP consists of self-study and practical work in secondary school.
Internship Engineer in Antakia Consultoria S.L (January 2008- September 2008)PFC (2007): Improving the facilities of a television studio by using embedded digital audio techniques.
I collaborated in a telecommunications Project with one of my university's teacher in a "measurement of electromagnetic fields" in hight and low frecuency.
The objective of the project was "determine the levels of exposure to electromagnetic fields" exist in a school in Alicante. The measurement was carried out in accordance with a accuracy procedures and specific instruments. I collaborated with the measures field electromagnetic and with the redaction of the project's memory. At the same time I was working during the afternoon in a famous shopping center called "El Corte Inglés" in Alicante as a retail sales.
Television studio's is a field I know very well due to that I developed my "Final Project" in one of them. The Project was called "Improving the facilities of a television studio by using embedded digital audio techniques" and I had to design differents "studio equipment and conections" until got the optimal one.
During the Project I could work in:
- Monitoring of business opportunities and identifying potential.
- Technical study projects.
- Evaluation of manufacturers and suppliers to optimize the choice of equipment to propose in each project according to the needs.
- Preparation of technical documentation.
- Justifications of technical and economic reports.
Graduated with Bachelor of Telecommunication Engineering, specialty Sound & Image- University of Alicante (2003-2007).
The overall purpose of these studies is to prepare versatile, flexible, creative and competitive professionals with ability to conceive and design systems for audio, video and telecommunications. During the training, we were working with professionals related technologies in order to be able to make technology decisions based on criteria of cost, safety, quality and time, concepts inherent to the profession.
Therefore, as a graduated I acquired the capabilities of:
- Perform activities in acoustics, audiovisual, information industry and telecommunications.
- Perform engineering design projects of telecommunications, audiovisual and acoustical.
Portée du projet: Website for Smartbilling, telecommunications company based in Montreal Wordpress
In progress, online soon
Scope Website for ADSF, Association for the socio-cultural development of women Wordpress
Scope: Website for a design and hosting web company (final project) Wordpress
Not available online anymore
Scope: Personal web with Wordpress Karen Pedraza, sound designer
Not available online anymore<
Scope: Instructions on how to play RISK with HTML5 and CSS3
- Google Analytics
Due to the branch in which I specialized I am experienced in both Sound and Image software. During my time at university I worked with sound and image programs and after that I improved my skills in the radio station where I worked for 2 years with specific sound software such as Audacity and Audition. In addition to this I also improved my video (Final Cut Pro and Premiere) and image (Phostoshop and Illustrator) skills as it is one of my hobbies in my personal time. The last thing I've just finished is a XBMC Media Center installation with a Rapsberry Pi.
- Final Cut Pro
I worked with a number of different electronic programs whilst at university, but the one used the most was Pspice for circuit designs. Alike I have used different measuring and testing equipment (oscilloscope , function generator , meters ... etc). In my final project I designed so many different configurations for video and audio signal. In the different jobs I've had have always worked with office tools , which allowed me to even teaching courses in WORD , EXCEL , ACCESS and ICT at different levels. Working with operating systems Mac OS X and Windows professionally.
- Microsoft Office
- Builder C++
- Mac OS X
- Open Office